Safeguarding Children and Youth
Welcome to the Safeguarding Children & Youth Training.
Below you will find a powerpoint for your reference, the video training, and a quiz to test how well you or your leaders comprehended the material. When you complete the training, you will be issued a certificate of completion. To start the training, click on the video below. Note: You need to complete the video before taking the quiz.
- Minimum threshold for church attendance/involvement in church
- Prescreen ALL candidates consistently
- Adopt policies and procedures involving boundaries/expectations
- Checklist - ensure there are no unlocked closets/office/private spaces before every gathering
- “Never Alone” with Child/Student - physically and virtually
- Communicate boundaries and expectations to all interested parties
- Regular check ins with individual staff members/volunteers
- Discuss and keep boundaries top of mind
- See It, Say It immediately
- Create and communicate clear process for reporting